|Location:||Main - 3860 Ogden Ave, Chicago, IL|
The Registration Representative position is responsible for a variety of administrative tasks essential for the efficient care of patients at Lawndale Christian Health Center, including handling incoming calls, scheduling appointments, and registering patients. Staff are required to document their work in the practice management system, attend to patients in a timely and professional manner, and keep their work areas in good order. This position reports to the Site Manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
1. Answer inbound phone calls and function as a switchboard operator as necessary.
2. Make appointments for patients.
3. Process appointment cancellations and rescheduling due to change in provider schedules as assigned by the supervisor.
1. Complete registration process for patient appointments, including demographic and insurance verification, patient management system data entry and revision, payment collection, chart creation, and other clerical work as necessary.
2. Assist patients, or refer them as necessary, with questions and completion of forms or applications related to their insurance coverage, including Medicaid Presumptive Eligibility (MPE) applications, KidCare applications, Newborn Medicaid patients (BNOCY), HMO PCP transfer requests, Medicare and HMO enrollments, and secondary coverage issues.
3. Prepare work area for the beginning of every business day, including clerical work, chart construction, and any other tasks as required by the department supervisor(s).
4. Process missed appointments, error reports, insurance pre-verification reports, and other registration-related reports as necessary.
5. Become familiar with and follow current protocols for all of the above-listed functions, as well as specialized functions such as the processing of lab-only visits, after-hours pharmacy payments, and other functions as necessary.
Other universal working standards and documentation
1. Greet and interact with all patients, staff and visitors in a pleasant and professional manner.
2. Monitor and update worklists and queues to ensure that no patients are subjected to unnecessary delays.
3. Thoroughly, accurately, and promptly document all work completed in the practice management system.
4. Be knowledgeable of and in compliance with applicable standards, laws and regulations by regulatory and accrediting organizations such as: BPHC, JCAHO, CLIA, OSHA, and the State and Federal Governments.
5. Regularly check mail, e-mail and voicemail and respond promptly and professionally to all inquiries.
6. Attend to shared responsibilities in each work area, including answering phones, cleaning, stocking, and organizing common work areas, and assisting with orientation and training of other employees as needed.
7. Work a reasonable schedule, which may include an assignment at any location and during any of the hours that Lawndale Christian Health Center provides services.
8. Interpret for limited English proficiency patient/clients in the absence of an interpreter, if bilingual.
9. Perform other tasks required in support of the assigned care team, but which are not detailed within this job description.
Required Skills or Abilities
1. Good interpersonal skills are a necessity, including an ability to work well with the variety of ages, cultures, and temperaments represented among LCHC staff and patients, treating others with kindness and professionalism in all they do.
2. Some computer skills required (Windows based, experience with Microsoft Office a plus) and telephone operator experience preferred.
3. Typing speed of 45 wpm.
4. Knowledge of insurance a plus.
5. Commitment to demonstrating personal integrity through punctuality, honesty, an ability to follow instructions, proper attention to detail in all work matters, and a willingness learn from others.
6. An ability to work independently, take initiative, set priorities in accordance with the needs and mission of the clinic, multi-task, and problem solve in a fast-paced work environment.
7. Flexibility to adapt to changing or stressful conditions, including unanticipated changes to working schedules or locations.
8. Adequate written and verbal communication skills for communicating coherently and professionally with patients and co-workers.
9. Conscientious of departmental and organizational policies and procedures, and able to embrace and personify the mission of the Lawndale Christian Health Center.
Required Knowledge, Experience or Licensure/Registration
1. High School Diploma or its equivalent.
2. Experience in customer service, office work, or a clinical setting.
3. Bilingual ability as needed.
This opening is closed and is no longer accepting applications